Wiki American Society of Health Informatics Managers

jholloway2

Best answers
Does anyone have any information on the American Society of Health Informatics Managers program that is being offered? Is this a legitimate course, in the email I received it states the AAPC has endorsed the program? I haven't been able to find much on ASHIM other than the website, and there is no mention of this on the AAPC website.

Perhaps you could include some of that email here . . . are you certain that "endorsement" is used or that the AAPC has granted CEUs?

Regardless, that would help some of us to know more about this organization.

Thanks!

Dear Jill,

There are more jobs openings than trained health IT professionals—and the gap is growing rapidly as providers adopt electronic medical records.

Medical coders with new health IT skills are in demand and extremely valuable.

The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, Department of Education, has indicated a national shortage of at least 51,000 qualified health IT workers needed in hospitals and practices as they adopt electronic health care systems. The government indicates these jobs will increase fastest through 2018. What are you doing to keep up?

Job-proof your skills with health IT training and certification in just 16 weeks online with American Society of Health Informatics Managers (ASHIM), the only national certifier endorsed by AAPC

As the leading association for technical professionals who specialize in health IT, ASHIM's online course is the fastest way to improve your career outlook and your job performance.

New technologies are bombarding us, and old ways make you LESS valuable—expertise in current technology can make you irreplaceable. Do you want to stay ahead of the curve?

Become a Certified Health Informatics Systems Professional (CHISP®) at a give-away, introductory price of just $999 (normally $2500).

Call today or visit us online at www.ashim.org.

The ASHIM Team
American Society of Health Informatics Managers
Toll Free: 877-263-1261

Ashim

Hi Kevin and Jill ~ My name is Stephanie Jones and I am the Senior Vice President of ASHIM. I am an AAPC member (for over 11 years) a CPC and CEMC. I am also a member of the AAPC Specialty Credential Exam Evaluation and Management Steering Committee.

I really appreciate your post and the opportunity to introduce ASHIM and myself to you! And, thanks for your comment and for your interest!

ASHIM is the nation's leading professional member association for technical professionals who specialize in Health IT (HIT). ASHIM is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization. We sponsor the Certified Health Informatics Systems Professional (CHISP) credentialing exam to certify the healthcare industry knowledge of IT professionals. In today's world of Health IT I think you are right to be cautious. ASHIM is the only Health IT certifier endorsed by the AAPC.

And, we offer an online training program that has been approved by the AAPC for 12 CEUs.

This new program took a year to develop and it is unique on the market and we are very excited about it! The beauty of the program it that it is designed to jump start students into high demand jobs by providing the skills and knowledge employers need right now. It is on a special introductory price that is temporary....we wanted to make entry easy for students as the program breaks ground.

The Health IT Professional training program has been developed with strong guidance and experience. ASHIM's advisory board is significant in experience, stature, and credibility http://ashim.org/about .

Call and feel free to ask for me directly! I'd love to talk with you about this course! We're very excited about it here! 877-263-1261.

Does anyone have any information on the American Society of Health Informatics Managers program that is being offered? Is this a legitimate course, in the email I received it states the AAPC has endorsed the program? I haven't been able to find much on ASHIM other than the website, and there is no mention of this on the AAPC website.

I just took and passed the CHISP certification from ASHIM, I felt like you do before I took the course, I also called the aapc and they knew about it. I feel the information I learned will help me keep up with the future which is already upon us. If you want to know more, send me a message adriennecpc@ymail.com.