Wiki Anesthesiogist performing Epidural Steroid Inhections with sedation by CRNA

Best answers
CRNA administers sedation (Propofol and Fentanyl) for an anxious patient while Anesthesiogist performs transforaminal epidural steroid injection.

Code 01992 - Anesthesia for spinal block or 99149 Moderate Sedation?

Modifiers

"CRNA administers sedation (Propofol and Fentanyl) for an anxious patient while Anesthesiogist performs transforaminal epidural steroid injection. Code 01992 - Anesthesia for spinal block or 99149 Moderate Sedation?"

Is the sedation normally part of the transforaminal epidural steroid injection? Are Propofol and Fentanyl used for general anesthesia?...if the administration of Propofol and Fentanyl is not normally a part of the steroid injection, we might consider adding modifier -23 (Unusual Anesthesia) to the steroid injection code, and include both codes.

The other modifier I thought about is -26 Professional Component to help identify the CRNA administration of the sedation.

I'm a coding student and not sure if that helps, but I hope it at least points us in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Jacob