Wiki Angio

bkipferl

Contributor
Best answers
I was going to code this as 36200 but after looking at this again I feel this is 36245. My co-worker said 36200, 75625,26, 75710,26.

PROCEDURE NOTE:
After obtaining informed consent the patient was taken to the cath lab where he was prepped and draped in the usual sterile manner. The right groin was infiltrated with plain xylocaine in the right femoral artery was cannulated and a 5 French inducer sheath was inserted. A 5 French pigtail catheter was used to perform an abdominal aortogram selectively for the iliacs and terminal aorta only. The catheter was advanced under fluoroscopic guidance over a guidewire the catheter was was flushed before angiography was performed.

36245 is for contralateral cath placement code in the common Iliac. What you have above isn't enough information to use this code. Based on what you have shared I would go with 36200 for cath placement.

So let me see if I am correct. Only code 36200 because he did not go anywhere else. I do not code 75625,26 75710,26 is that correct. I should only code 36200 because he only did an abdominal AO. Correct.

I have another question:

After obtaining informed consent the patient was taken to the cath lab where he was prepped and draped in the usual sterile manner. The right groin was infiltrated with plain xylocaine in the right femoral artery was cannulated and a 6 French inducer sheath was inserted. A 6 French pigtail catheter was used to perform the left ventriculogram. A 6 French JL4.5 catheter was used for angiography of the left coronary artery. A 6 French JR4 catheter was used for angiography of the right coronary artery. The catheters advanced under fluoroscopic guidance over a guidewire the catheters of 1st before angiography was performed. Angiography of the right femoral artery puncture site was performed and percutaneous closure was carried out successfully using a Mynx closure device.

On the blue highlighter part is that part of the closure or do you think he did another procedure to code a G0278 Medicare or 75710-26. I feel this is the closure and I would only code 93458-26. My supervisor said he did another angiography. Help