Wiki anterior colporrhaphy with TVT sling

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
hey guys,
so i have code 57240 but for the TVT sling should i bill 57288 seperatly or should i bill the add on 57267 with the colporrhaphy. I read that a sling is not the same as mesh although the add on code says " insertion of mesh OR other prothesis for repair of pelvic floor defect" so not sure if the sling would just fall into "other prothesis" or if i can get the full charge of 57288 for it.

any help would be so appreciated! thanks!

For anterior colporrhaphy with sling, 57288 and 57240 is correct. Note - 57288 has higher RVUs and should be listed first.
You would only use +57267 if they used mesh or other graft to perform the anterior repair. The sling is a urinary procedure on the urethra to help treat stress incontinence and separate from the repair.
I keep trying to insert a diagram, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try it again later.
Bladder-Sling-Insert.png

Last edited:
For anterior colporrhaphy with sling, 57288 and 57240 is correct. Note - 57288 has higher RVUs and should be listed first.
You would only use +57267 if they used mesh or other graft to perform the anterior repair. The sling is a urinary procedure on the urethra to help treat stress incontinence and separate from the repair.
I keep trying to insert a diagram, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try it again later.
thanks so much!