Wiki Anthem Denials for Substance Abuse

Marie428cj

Best answers
Beginning March 1, 2018 our California facility began receiving denials for our institutional claims and are now requesting medical records. We are aware that the codes do change twice a year but this is more than that. We are looking for advice from fellow substance abuse billers. Has anyone else been experiencing this?? I would love to discuss codes being used, states that are experiencing this, and all of the above. :confused:

Can you be more specific as to the denial reason and Are all denials for the same reason?

It is being denied for a more specific revenue code but we have been using this code all year with no problems and now my March claims are being denied .

So any examples of what codes were being paid before and not now?

This could help pain a better picture as a few new guidelines were added to Chapter 5 codes for substance abuse in remission.

What codes are you having issues with? We are also in California and having some denials come through.

URGENT - HELP NEEDED ASAP> Anthem is still continuing to deny the rev codes 0914 and 0915 for our facility and requesting medical records. Has anyone found replacement codes for these that Anthem accepts?

Anthem denials for substance abuse

Beginning March 1, 2018 our California facility began receiving denials for our institutional claims and are now requesting medical records. We are aware that the codes do change twice a year but this is more than that. We are looking for advice from fellow substance abuse billers. Has anyone else been experiencing this?? I would love to discuss codes being used, states that are experiencing this, and all of the above. :confused:

Hello, were you able to determine which revenue codes to use or are you submitting medical records?