Wiki Antibody testing prior to outpatient procedures

Best answers
HELP!!!!!!!
I work for a free standing ambulatory surgery center. We are performing colonoscopy and EGD procedures. We are using the multi step antibody testing for COVID-19 prior to procedure for all patients. All the verbage that I have come across to code the tests lead you all over the place. I have determined that for CPT we will use 2 lines with 86769, 86769-59. Can someone please please help with the dx code that should be used. I first thought it was Z20.828, or Z03.818. I had someone come to me and advise that we should use Z11.59, but I don't feel that is most appropriate since we are still in a pandemic. I also came across Z01.84.

Please help me preserve my sanity. I pretty much feel the language of the codes and how to use them was meant to confuse you, and no one really know for sure lol

Thank you so much for any help.

Christy DeLong, CPC

Okay, here:

Asymptomatic, no known exposure, results unknown or negative Z11.59
Possible exposure to COVID-19, ruled outZ03.818
Contact with COVID-19, Suspected exposure Z20.828

Looks like a Z11.59 to me

Can I just ask this also: what are the physicians required to document it order to bill with these codes? Does “suspected or contact with or no known contact” need to be documented?
We are seeing testing performed based solely on signs/symptoms but these particular words I mentioned aren’t documented. Example: “patient was on a cruise, developed cough” Please advise.