Wiki Any E&M possibilities?

mitzekelley

Networker
Best answers
One of our physicians is sending his office nurse to a patient's home to draw their PT/INR. The pt did have a home health company doing it, but according the physican they weren't doing a good job so he is just doing it himself to make sure it gets done properly. They are wanting to know if they can bill any type of E&M to Medicare along with the labs. I cannot find any code that is applicable for that being done in the patient's home by the physician nurse and not anything to do with a home health company.

Am I missing something in the book? Any help is appreciated!!:confused:

no this cannot be billed at all... You are a physician office not a home health agency. To perform and bill for home visits the physician will need to be present in the patient home. Just like if you wanted to perform any procedure in the hospital outpatient, you cannot just send the office nurse to the facility, have her do whatever you wish and then bill for it.

Ok, that is what I had told them. I just didnt want to miss an E&M that was specific to physician nurse visits in the patients home not associated with a HH. Such as a 99211 is to services provided in the office/outpatient or ambulatory that may not require the presence of a physician.

Thank you.