Wiki Any FREE BOOKS out there

BEVERLYMORRIS02

Contributor
Best answers
Hello to anyone and everyone who might be listening. I will be taking the CPC exam in June, but I need help. If anyone knows something please let me know. I am unemployed at this time, but I can pay for my exam. I just can't afford the books and the test. Does anyone know of any organizations or persons that have a set of 2010 coding books that they are willing to lend or give to a future coder. I really could use some input here:)

Thank you in indvance

Hello. I would check with the officers of your local chapter. As an officer who proctors exams, I always take my books with me just in case. Even if yours don't, they may know someone who can loan them to you for the day.

I do have one question - how are you preparing for the exam without books? Most couldn't loan their books out except possibly for one day (the test).

I hope this helps you with a place to start.

Hello Ms. Garry,

Thank you so much for responding. I have my 2009 books, but I thought this would put me at a disadvantage when taking the 2010 CPC exam. My instructor from 2007 has been very helpful, she gave me an excellent study guide. I just wanted to have the 2010 books to study with, not just when I took the exam. My 2009 books are tabbed and do have my notes in them, but if I borrow the new books I won't be able put notes or tab the books because they won't belong to me. So, I thought that I would try to find out if there were any out there that I could have for free. I know it's alot to ask, but I had to put it out there. I could use all the help I can get. But thank you so much for responding.

Is there anything else that you could suggest as far as study materials?

Thank You
Beverly Morris

Hello again! I also teach coding classes; when my students are ready to take the exam, I help them out with practice questions, etc. from my current textbooks. Perhaps your teacher could help with that.

I know the books are expensive to buy (I love that my employer buys them for us) when you're not working. The 2010 books are discounted now, but that may not be enough.

Maybe check with a local community college or tech school?

I wish I could help more.

Hello to you again,

Believe it or not, you are helping by just talking to me. I do appreciate your help. I do have one more question for you, because you teach the course. Do you think I can practice with my 2009 books, but I should definitely try to get the 2010 books for the exam. I did see the books as a bundle on the AAPC website for $169.00, so I will work on that amount, it's the cheapest amount that I've seen so far. Once again, thank you so much, just listening to me ramble is helping.

Thank you
Beverly Morris

Beverly,

I would definitely practice with the 2009 books. There were quite a few changes in both CPT and ICD9 for 2010, but the main thing is being able to use your books to find everything you need. In CPT, there were a number of additions and changes in Musculoskeletal, and all the facet joint injections (neuro section) changed.

Hello again,

I will definitely keep on studying with the 2009. Thank you for your advice, I hope to be sending you a message by July saying "I Passed". Thanks again:)

FREE books

Hello,

I just sent you an e-mail, Bless you, I really appreciate the help. My address is Beverly Morris, 410 Woodview Avenue, Norfolk, VA. 23505. My e-mail address is beverlymorris02@yahoo.com and my number is 757-401-7237. I put this info in the e-mail, but I am definitely trying to cover all the bases. Please feel free to contact me, I really appreciate the book. I will study like crazy to pass that CPC exam in June. I have tried the exam before, I failed it, but I will not give up on this. I am going to PASS this time around:)

Thank You So Much

Bless you!

It's nice to finally know your name Sarah. Thanks, just know that I will study extra hard because of your help. If you're a Mom, here is an early HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY:)