Wiki Any NextGen Users Out There???

lisashernandez

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hi,

We are in the process of trying to navigate the charge interface between our EHR & EPM. I am wondering if anyone is using NextGen to do this and if so, would be willing to share some of the successes and failures and strategies to help with this transition.

Thank you in advance!!!

Lisa

Yes, we use NG; we're on version 5.6for EPM and on 7.8 for EHR. We've used the automatic charge drop from EPM to EHR for several years. I'm not an IT person, but can share what our process is.

We use NextGen as well. By any chance are either of you going to the UGM in Orlando?

We have it automatic as well, what exactly do you need to know? As in, do you have more specific questions? We are heavily customized (according to NG), but I can try to offer some info!

We use NextGen as well. By any chance are either of you going to the UGM in Orlando?

We have it automatic as well, what exactly do you need to know? As in, do you have more specific questions? We are heavily customized (according to NG), but I can try to offer some info!

We are new to NG, well to the EPM side. We have had EHR for a few years before. What do you mean by automatic? We have them coming in, but still have to touch each encounter to bring them down, so to speak. Anyway, we are going to Orlando as well. We need lots of tips and help!

Not going to Orlando (been twice...you'll have a blast, the conference is over the top!!). We are heavily customized as well, but that's because we're dealing with multiple specialties and lots of techno-savvy docs.

We do have charge pass through from EHR to EPM, but we dont' "touch" every claim from the holding tank. We have a number of management reports and other claim edits that take away a lot of the manual pre-billing guesswork.

Not to have this go too far off topic, but since you are heavily customized as well...do you find everything breaking when you do an upgrade? How do you manage that?

Also, if anyone is going to the UGM and wants to meet, please let me know!

Not going to Orlando (been twice...you'll have a blast, the conference is over the top!!). We are heavily customized as well, but that's because we're dealing with multiple specialties and lots of techno-savvy docs.

We do have charge pass through from EHR to EPM, but we dont' "touch" every claim from the holding tank. We have a number of management reports and other claim edits that take away a lot of the manual pre-billing guesswork.

We are also about to begin pulling in charges from other systems (hospital data feeds). Are you interfacing with other systems to bring in charges? I would love to pick your brain if you don't mind. You can email me @ jessica.short@unthsc.edu

Thanks