Wiki anyone code mandible fracture?

Best answers
hi
this is completely new to me and I wonder if I can get some help?
I am looking at 21462 but like I said this area of coding is completely new to me
thank you in advance

Attachments

• mandible.pdf
    563.4 KB · Views: 12
You are correct. 21462 is the most appropriate code. I thought maybe 21470 could be supported but only one incision was done....21470 usually needs multiple incisions. Shame the provider didn't document their 'indications' for the procedure in the correct way although the diagnoses (bilateral subcondylar fractures and symphyseal fracture) are documented within the body of the note. Make sure to code all those diagnoses.

You are correct. 21462 is the most appropriate code. I thought maybe 21470 could be supported but only one incision was done....21470 usually needs multiple incisions. Shame the provider didn't document their 'indications' for the procedure in the correct way although the diagnoses (bilateral subcondylar fractures and symphyseal fracture) are documented within the body of the note. Make sure to code all those diagnoses.
thank you so much for the help as I was really unsure and I am really trying to learn this area, I am happy I got it correct.