Wiki Apprentice issues

odegaacl

New
Best answers
Hello,

I am trying to get the A off my CPC. I have several other people who are doing the same thing that I work with. I have worked as a coder for the last 4 years and my manager wrote a letter on letter head for me. Some people have had no problem and others say they haven't received anything back on this and did it quite a while ago. I am wondering exactly what has to be stated in the letter? And do you need two letters? So basically I need to know what all needs to be done step wise in order to get this taken care of. Thank you so much

Have you reviewed the information on the AAPC webpage that lists the requirements and process for removing your A. It isn't a page that just pops out at a person and so you may not have seen it but here is the link. Apprentice Removal: On-the-Job Experience.

Here is a snip of the important pieces of information from this page about how to remove your A.
1694110680277.png
If you only submitted one (1) letter, did you submit documentation of whatever course you took to become a CPC, the instructors hand them out at the end of the course if that have documentation showing you attended the minimum 80 hours as listed above. When I took the course due to work commitments, I did not attend 80 hours of contact time and needed a second letter to remove my A. Most instructors are sticklers about the number of contact hours and will not give out a certificate if the attendance records don't show you put in the minimum time required.

One thing that is helpful on this webpage is there is a link for a template letter for requesting that your A be removed but the important thing to remember is if you use the template when you print the actual letter it needs to still be on company letterhead.