Wiki Aranesp J0881

JBJ

Contributor
Best answers
My facility is having the worst time getting these injections paid by Medicare. I have followed the LCD for WPS using J0881 with 585._ and 285.21 for the diagnoses. I add EC modifier as instructed by WPS. I have the HCT and weight charted. What am I missing?

My facility is having the worst time getting these injections paid by Medicare. I have followed the LCD for WPS using J0881 with 585._ and 285.21 for the diagnoses. I add EC modifier as instructed by WPS. I have the HCT and weight charted. What am I missing?

I worked in Hematology and Oncology so I know how hard it is to get that drug paid. It is not your fault. It's Medicare! I had to do appeals on every patient who was getting it. That could be 40 patients a month. They did start to pay them but only after I did the appeal and it took them a month to come back and pay it. I don't know what to tell you to get it paid. Let me know if you find out.

Is your facility documenting a decrease in Aranesp dosage when the Hgb/Hct exceeds the levels specified in the local coverage determination? As the counts improve, the Medicare contractors want to see that the dosage is titrated downward.

Actually, the dosage has remained the same in most patients.