Wiki Are you a Remote Coder?

I would work on site for a couple of years to gain better experience before going remote. Most places will have you work on site for a certain amount of time before letting you go remote.

Remote Coder

My company made the decision to allow us to go home.
You can propose the cost savings for the company.
You will not be pulled to other work in the office but concentrate only on your job.
If they are tight on space it's a great solution.
We still have to submit productivity reports and if you slow down you may be called back to the office to work.
You should have a contract with the employer that states you are a remote employee and not contract labor (this will exempt you from benefits).

Thank you!

Any feedback is always helpful/appreciate the input. Finding it hard enough just to get my foot in the door to gain the experience! Haven't given up though-thanks again.

My journey maybe a little different than most and I am not sure if it will be helpful but here you go. I started in the hospital years and ago as a unit manager on the nursing unit. it was fun and I learned a lot. I went back to school from there and earned my Masters in Public Health and from there many doors opened that otherwise would not have been available. I worked for Medicaid , and the Prison, and the Cancer Research facility. I have taught for a National Seminar company and I work remotely. The more education you can get the more marketable you become. I have held many positions along the way but all dealt with coding in some aspect. all were interesting and one led to the other. So start at the bottom and work your way up. Take every opportunity to obtain more education along the way. After you have had all the adventure you can take THEN you can look for a remote position and it will be there waiting for you.