Wiki Arterial studies in Vascular Lab

Jim Pawloski

True Blue
Best answers
Hello everybody,
I was given this question, and I need someone opinion. If a non-invasive lower extremity arterial study that consists of measuriing pulse waveforms at multiple sites, do I use 93923? And is that unilateral or bilateral study. If it is done at only one site (ankle/brachial indices) do I use 93922, and again unilateral or bilateral?
Thanks,
Jim Pawloski

Hello everybody,
I was given this question, and I need someone opinion. If a non-invasive lower extremity arterial study that consists of measuriing pulse waveforms at multiple sites, do I use 93923? And is that unilateral or bilateral study. If it is done at only one site (ankle/brachial indices) do I use 93922, and again unilateral or bilateral?
Thanks,
Jim Pawloski

Tough question. Both codes are bilateral by description so if a unilateral procedure was performed I would try using the 52 modifier (I don't know if that would work) for reduced services.
I agree that multiple sites should be 93923 and one site 93922.

HTH :)

Tough question. Both codes are bilateral by description so if a unilateral procedure was performed I would try using the 52 modifier (I don't know if that would work) for reduced services.
I agree that multiple sites should be 93923 and one site 93922.

HTH :)

Danny,
Thank you very much for answering my question. I figured that using modifier 52 would be for unilateral but which code would be for single site as compaired to multiple sites

Thanks,
Jim:D

Danny,
Thank you very much for answering my question. I figured that using modifier 52 would be for unilateral but which code would be for single site as compaired to multiple sites

Thanks,
Jim:D

single site (unilateral) should be 93922-52
multiple sites (unilateral) 93923-52

:)