• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

arthroscopic femoral neck resection

Best answers
Hello All

My doctor did an arthroscopic resection of both the labrum and femoral neck. At a conference he went to they told him it would be ok to use an open code for the fem neck resection along with the 29862. I tried to explain he couldn't use an open code for a procedure done through the scope. I would like to find some information in writing to show him the proper way to code this hip procedure. I haven't been able to find a lot of information on arthroscopic hip procedures. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Kim