Wiki Arthroscopic Microfracture of hip

Hi, I would be interested as well if Arthroscopic Microfracture of hip is reported separately with an unlisted cpt or included in 29914-29916.
I'm not able to post the full op and I hope this is enough.
Procedures: 1. Labral repair 2. osteochondroplasty 3. acetabuloplasty 4. microfracture 5. capsule closure (i understand this in inclusive); Dx. cam lesion, mixed impingment (FAI). ... "the acetabulum demonstrated large unstable wave sign w/complete delamination of anterior acetabular cartilage. This was 10 mm x 15 mm and was a free flap. this was debrided (i understand debridement/shaving are included in 29914-29916) to a stable rim using biter and RFA to stabilize the edges. the calcified layer was removed and preparation of microfx. Capsule elevated from anterior lateral acetabular rim using 50 degree rfa and shaver. using burr and fluor. acetabuloplasty performed. lateral tear debrided using shaver, repaired stryker Peek knotless anchor... using microfx drill and curved guide a microfx performed in anterior and lateral portals, good bleeding bed... Thank you for any assistance.

We had an Ortho seminar put on by Karen zupko and associates in July 2021 and were told to use the unlisted code for a hip microfx using the knee code 29879 as a comparable code. It is hard to know if things are bundled since the code is unlisted. I would think you could bill it with the Labral repair 29916 because menisectomy is billable with the 29879 Micro fX code. 29916 and 29915 can’t be billed together they are bundled.

We had an Ortho seminar put on by Karen zupko and associates in July 2021 and were told to use the unlisted code for a hip microfx using the knee code 29879 as a comparable code. It is hard to know if things are bundled since the code is unlisted. I would think you could bill it with the Labral repair 29916 because menisectomy is billable with the 29879 Micro fX code. 29916 and 29915 can’t be billed together they are bundled.
Agree, you can try the unlisted but it may or may not work. It depends on the payer and then you end up having to submit records and usually appeal it. There would have to be documentation to support why it was done.
This is old but still good tips: