Wiki Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair question- have 29827-RT

dollyleaf5

Contributor
Best answers
I am billing for an ASC and I am questioning myself on this case. The procedures were:
Rt shoulder arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
Rt shoulder arthroscopic subacromial decompression
Rt shoulder arthroscopic acromioclavicular joint arthroplasty
Rt shoulder major joint injection for post op pain

I have 29827-RT for the rotator cuff repair and 29826-51-RT for the subacromial decompression. I am not sure what I use for the arthroplasty and can I also code for the injection or is that bundled into the surgery?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ruth

i am billing for an asc and i am questioning myself on this case. The procedures were:
Rt shoulder arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
rt shoulder arthroscopic subacromial decompression
rt shoulder arthroscopic acromioclavicular joint arthroplasty
rt shoulder major joint injection for post op pain

i have 29827-rt for the rotator cuff repair and 29826-51-rt for the subacromial decompression. I am not sure what i use for the arthroplasty and can i also code for the injection or is that bundled into the surgery?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, ruth

the billing should be 29827,29826 and 20610. The injection doesn't show that it bundles, but some insurances will probably say it is inclusive to the primary procedure. I would bill it anyway depending on the contract you have with the insurance.

As far as the subacromial decompression goes, it includes a partial arthroplasty of the acromion. If the dictation fits this then this is what i would bill. However, you may want to clarify what the physician is trying to tell you. Make sure he is not trying to tell you that he did a distal claviculectomy because if he is then that is separately billable by 29824.

It is very difficult to guide you without the full op note.

Hope this helps

caprice--cpc

Thank you. Sorry I did not provide enough information. In looking at the Op report, the physician indicates the AC joint arthroplasty was performed using a standard anterior portal. Approximately, 7-8 mm of a distal clavicle resection was performed using full-radius arthroscopic shaver and the superior osteophytes were also removed using a curette.

Hope this helps,