Wiki ASA code help

shruthi

Guru
Best answers
As per ASA crosswalk, for CPT 62311 (epidural steroid injection) - Anaesthesia care not typically required.
So how are we going to bill ESI for an Anesthesiologist.

Kindly share your thoughts.

Regards,
Shruthi.

I always used 01991 for the nerve blocks, injections, and epidurals. If the patient was in the prone position when the epidural was placed, then I use 01992. I have never had one not pay and not had one come back for information.

Hope this helps :)

I don't understand code selection

I thought the question was what code to use when the anesthesiologist performs the injection. The code you suggest, CPT 01991, states:
anesthesia for diagnostic or therapeutic nerve blocks and injections (when block or injection is performed by a different physician or other qualified health care professional); other than the prone position.

I always used 01991 for the nerve blocks, injections, and epidurals. If the patient was in the prone position when the epidural was placed, then I use 01992. I have never had one not pay and not had one come back for information.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Amy.

And if the procedure is done with guidance, ASA would be 01936 instead of 01991 and 01992.

My one more clari is - ASA code for Trigger point injection depends on anatomic site or will it be 01991/01992. Please clarify.

Regards,
Shruthi