Wiki ASC Billing Guidance

Billingandcoding2

Contributor
Best answers
Hi all,

I am going to be doing billing for an ASC, which is a first for me. I am currently taking the online CPC-H course and will take my CASCC and CPC-H exams in the next few months.

I was hoping someone my help me with some "real world" ASC billing questions. The back end, not necessarily the coding portion.

I appreciate any help you all may give.

You can email me at rblundell@physourcesolutions.com anytime :)

Thanks,
Rachel

Rachel....

I just started billing/coding for an ASC in August. Did you take the CASCC exam yet? I'm scheduled to take it in March 2015. Did you find any resources to help you at work? Maybe we can exchange info :)

- Kellie

Diana, I have a question!! How do you determine what is an ASC? I have 2 bills (not 1500s) from 2 spine centers (same phone number) for the same procedure on the same day. With no modifiers, how do I know what to pay and what not to pay and what to reduce??? I do bill reviews.

Thank you,
Zina Pape, CPC-A

Asc

Hi Rachel,

I work at an ASC. Please send me a message if you need anything.

Diana Munguia, CASCC

956.389.6017 work
Hi Diana, I know this is an older post, but I will be starting to do ASC billing for the orthopedic practice I work for and would like some info as to the differences between PROFEE (which I presently do) and ASC billing. Is there a book or guide you could recommend?

Hello,
I recommend an orthopaedic coding companion, orthopaedic coding guide for ASC’s (Amazon) AAPC coding webinars, AAPC zooms for orthopaedics.
Coding guidelines
cms.gov (webinars)
Hope all goes well for you!
Take care & God Bless!😊