Wiki Asc exam

It is ALL oprerative reports on ALL systems....concentrated on ASC specific guidelines and coding. About 60 to 70 notes in the test. Watch your time and if you get stuck on one move on to the next and go back when you are done.I put dog ears on the ones that I was not 100% sure of so I could easily go back. If you have the experience no it is not hard. :) Good Luck

Hi Marty

I took the test this past October and passed on the first try. If you have ASC coding experience you should be good to go. Just follow LG's comments about your time, which is really important because 5.5 hours flies by! I also did the practicuum and brushed up on specialties we dont do like urology and gyn. They touched on ALL specialties including one dental report I had. Like LG said, it is all OP notes and the timing of that is really the main thing oh and they do try to throw you with some trick questions... IMHO :)

I took the exam last Fall and passed it, also - but I've been coding at an ASC for 5 years. I purchased the online ASC practicum from the AAPC and that helped, too. Like everyone above said, time goes so fast during the exam that time management is the biggest issue - it's all op notes - on all specialties. You can't spend very long on any one op note. Good luck! :)