Wiki ASC Ortho new facility

HeidiLynn

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
I've been offered a conrtact postion for ASC Ortho. This will be a brand new postion and I'll be establishing the work flow. I've done this with my current employeer on the Physician side but not for an ASC. So any suggetions? also any info for a quick refresher on ASC modifers and anything you think would be helpful in my success would be great. Thank you.
Heidi

Asc

The modifiers that are allowed to be used in an ASC are listed in the AMA's CPT book on the back of the front cover it's the same as Hospital Outpatient. The Medicare Claims Processing Manual has a chapter (Chapter 14) for Ambulatory Surgical Centers. You can find this on the CMS.gov website. You should also review the Medicare Learning Network (MLN) for Ambulatory Surgical Center Fee Schedule booklet.

Good luck!
Hope

Thank you. Im lookign into the ASC cert. It has some good info there. I knwo i'll be fine as ive done ASC coding before. I'll just be the only coder and Not sure what I'll be walking into. Little nervous but it'll all work out I know it. I found that section after making this post.