Wiki Asc

PLAIDMAN

Best answers
Some of my docs are looking to buy into an ASC. When I called to discuss some potential coding issues....the "girl" tells me that their practice is in the same building but we have to say they are across the street....? I thought that was weird.

Does anyone know what this means? Is an ASC allowed to physically be in same building as a practice that owns it ?

I don't want to send my docs into bad situation, should I be concerned about this?

any thoughts, help

thanks

Some of my docs are looking to buy into an ASC. When I called to discuss some potential coding issues....the "girl" tells me that their practice is in the same building but we have to say they are across the street....? I thought that was weird.

Does anyone know what this means? Is an ASC allowed to physically be in same building as a practice that owns it ?

I don't want to send my docs into bad situation, should I be concerned about this?

any thoughts, help

thanks

I would look at the ASCA website to find out about ASC's. I would not go by what the girl told me, i would talk to the girl's boss.

http://www.ascassociation.org/ASCA/AboutUs/WhatisanASC/

any thoughts, help

thanks

Quite often the ASC and office share the same building, but operate out of different suites so they would have STE 1 or STE 2 in the address. She could be referring to this.