Wiki Assisted Living Facilities

Best answers
My PCP provider sees patients at an Assisted Living facility. I have always billed POS 13 and CPT 99324-99337. I have a new provider that says he bills his Assisted Living facility patient with home codes (99341-99350) with POS 12. Under what circumstance is it okay to bill a home visit for an ALF patient? Does it depend if they are in a private appt., memory care unit, etc. located in in the ALF?

My PCP provider sees patients at an Assisted Living facility. I have always billed POS 13 and CPT 99324-99337. I have a new provider that says he bills his Assisted Living facility patient with home codes (99341-99350) with POS 12. Under what circumstance is it okay to bill a home visit for an ALF patient? Does it depend if they are in a private appt., memory care unit, etc. located in in the ALF?
Hi K, did you ever get an answer to this question? I am going through the same situation now. I work for a retirement community and we have a health center with AL and SN residents. I am noticed as of recently the providers are billing from 99341-99350 but I was not sure that it was accurate to bill that. Our residents do have their own private rooms in the health center, but I still would like confirmation on this.

Thanks,
Kasia

Hi K, did you ever get an answer to this question? I am going through the same situation now. I work for a retirement community and we have a health center with AL and SN residents. I am noticed as of recently the providers are billing from 99341-99350 but I was not sure that it was accurate to bill that. Our residents do have their own private rooms in the health center, but I still would like confirmation on this.

Thanks,
Kasia
hi!
Just an FYI.......you should be seeing codes 99341 - 99350 being used for AL, as the previous AL codes (99324-99337) have been deleted (as of Jan1, 2023).
Hope this helps!