Wiki atherectomy for in-stent stenosis

bluestar9

Contributor
Best answers
can this be billed and what code would be used?

This is for venous anastamosis on a dialysis patient

I would love to help you with this. Can you please send just the snip of the operative report so I can see what your question is. The question of now is vague and I really cannot offer feedback.

There is no note it was a question from the doctor to know whether or not to bill for stent versus atherectomy

Can you let me know about reimbursement for in-stent stenosis for a venous anastamosis. Can we bill for it and what does it reimburse if anything at all?

Are you referring to Arteriovenous fistula revision for a patient on hemodialysis?

In any type of IR procedure, if a stent is placed, this is always the hierarchy of coding guidelines.

Without an operative report, I can only give you Suggestionson where to START your coding process.
37238 is a great starting point for you : Transcatheter placement of an intravascular stent(s), open or percutaneous, including radiological supervision and interpretation and including angioplasty within the same vessel, when performed; initial vein
You will have to check with your local carrier on the reimbursement as all carrier plans pay differently.
Hope this Helps you somewhat