Auditing Certification?

sherryjean27

Best answers
I am looking into getting an auditing certification. Can anyone tell me what certification are employers wanting. I know there was one auditing certification that anyone could take. It dosen't seem like that certification can be very valuable. Can someone please help me out?

Sherry, CPC:)

ScottC314

Contributor
Best answers
You might try getting a CFE. Certified Fraud Examiner. I used to have it but let it lapse and haven't had the time to take the test again. It offers a great auditing certification as well as opens up MANY other doors. Compliance and Internal Audit just to name a couple. The exam is difficult (but all good certifications have hard tests) and the ACFE offers a course that teaches you everything you need to know. If I remember correctly they make you take the course before you can take the exam anyway.

coder21

Guru
Best answers
How does the CFE help with coding? It sounds like more geared towards CPA and interal auditors of companies?

ScottC314

Contributor
Best answers
Cfe

Rebecca,

You need at least 20 CEU hours per year to keep this certification up. It really doesn't have much, if anything, to do with coding. But it's a great financial auditing certification. I've seen it as a requirement to several healthcare jobs lately. Employers are required to have some kind of compliance with the Sarbanes-Okley rules of accounting/reporting. The CFE allows the employers to meet certain SOX requirements.