Wiki Auditing worksheet/template

Yarbrough

New
Best answers
Would anyone have a good outpatient auditing worksheet/template they would be willing to share? For Diagnosis, CPT, and E&M.

Sincerely
Tracey Yarbrough, CCS, COC, CPC

I am also interested in the Auditing worksheet, or atleast guidelines for my own Audits.
I just edited my response and attached one that we started with. We took that form and then recreated it in Microsoft Excel and added the things that our organization needs us to also check for. (Some examples of what we added to our form: ICD-10-CM codes the provider coded versus what we coded. Quality measures we have done training on that we want to make sure they are capturing. We also added a section for our observations that we can report back to the provider when we shadow them and meet with them.) That form is nice because it is one page and you can use it as a reference or laminate it and use a write on wipe off pen on it. You could create another side to the form that had other info you need to capture so it would be laminated but 2 sided and have everything you need on it.

2021 Guidelines are attached here as well as the lovely AAPC 2021 EM Audit Tool which includes definitions that are super helpful.

Attachments

• AMA - Errata and Technical Corrections - CPT 2021, March 9, 2021.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 197
  • AAPC 2021 EM Audit Tool.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 214