Wiki Audits

mstyus

Best answers
Hi to all,
I was wondering for the ones that do internal audits and have to review there findings with the physicians where do you find educational information to support your findings, and coding issues.
Ms.Tyus

Hi to all,
I was wondering for the ones that do internal audits and have to review there findings with the physicians where do you find educational information to support your findings, and coding issues.
Ms.Tyus

The best tool for backing up your audits is the '95 and '97 documentation guidelines. Medicare has them on their website. Don't forget that if you are auditing a specialty, to take a look at the single system exams, not just the multi-general. Good luck!

Also you might need to educate yourself on anatomy and even disease processes it really helps to be able to speak somewhat on their level.

education

The best advice that I can give is to only use official resources, such as, the 95 and 97 guidelines, Medlearn artlicles, CMS education, CMS conventions, CPT guidelines and ICD-9 guidelines, official specialty websites. Use the search engine on the CMS website.