Wiki AWV with a prostate exam

nc_coder

Expert
Best answers
A couple of my physicians write "Annual Wellness Visit + prostate exam" when seeing a Medicare patient. Is there a way for me to bill this prostate exam or is it bundled into the Wellness Visit? I didn't find a code that specifically said Prostate Exam.

It's been quite a while since I've billed for this, but we used to bill G0102 (with dx: V76.44) in addition to an E/M. The G0102 is specific to prostate cancer screening (digital rectal examination as per HCPCS). I know Medicare has made some changes to their wellness visits with the reform, so I'm not sure which codes they deem appropriate to bill with this now, but I hope this helps in some way.

It's been quite a while since I've billed for this, but we used to bill G0102 (with dx: V76.44) in addition to an E/M. The G0102 is specific to prostate cancer screening (digital rectal examination as per HCPCS). I know Medicare has made some changes to their wellness visits with the reform, so I'm not sure which codes they deem appropriate to bill with this now, but I hope this helps in some way.

Thank you. That actually helps quite a bit.