Wiki Banding of Left Superior Vena Cava

conleyclan

Guru
Best answers
First time for this procedure. I am thinking unlisted, but thought I would ask. I might even have to post this in a different area.

With the patient in supine position under excellent general anesthesia, the chest and abdomen were prepped and draped in the standard fashion. The Silastic patch membrane was removed. The chest retractor was in place and opened. The pericardium was suspended laterally. The left superior vena cava was identified and carefullly dissected. A Gore-Tex band was placed around the LSVC. I used a segment of the 3.5-mm Gore-Tex shunt for the banding.

Thanks,

Diane

First time for this procedure. I am thinking unlisted, but thought I would ask. I might even have to post this in a different area.

With the patient in supine position under excellent general anesthesia, the chest and abdomen were prepped and draped in the standard fashion. The Silastic patch membrane was removed. The chest retractor was in place and opened. The pericardium was suspended laterally. The left superior vena cava was identified and carefullly dissected. A Gore-Tex band was placed around the LSVC. I used a segment of the 3.5-mm Gore-Tex shunt for the banding.

Thanks,

Diane

If it was IVC, you had a code, but since it's SVC, go with the unlisted.
Sorry,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC