• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Behavioral Health billing to Medicare Part B

Saturnsun

New
Best answers
When billing for BH services- intake and ongoing- where do you find the code sets used for Medicare part B in Arizona?
I submitted an H0031 and it was denied. Does anyone have any information to share with me, please, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. This is a new area in our multi-specialty clinic.
Thank you in advance,
Stephanie

erjones147

Expert
Best answers
Mental Health services for Medicare Part B bill under regular CPT codes

I looked up H0031 in HCPCS and it specifically says, "Service not separately priced by Part B"

I bill for clinical psychologists and psychiatrists and have never had a problem using the standard 9083x codes and 9079x codes