Wiki Behavioral Health Help

katerina_98

Networker
Best answers
I am trying to find out more about behavioral health billing, mainly if a patient goes to appt do they bill with the normal E/M codes or more around the 9088? codes?

I am trying to find a behavioral health contact that wouldn't mind bouncing some ideas off of them via emails.

Thank you,
Rhonda

Behavioral Health

I also am starting to get my feet wet in terms of behavioral health coding.

You can start with the local coverage determinations for psychiatric services coding. They give you documentation guidelines to guide you in choosing correct visit codes.

Rhonda,
For the diagnostic interview, review 90801. For psychotherapy, review 90804 through 90829. Keep in mind, the psychotherapy codes are time based codes. I agree with Heather, you should review the LCD for your state for more specific documentation requirements.

Good luck!

LCD for Behavioral health

Where can I locate behavioral health LCD for Illinois. I am having trouble finding it on CMS.gov. Can you please provide a link?

Thanks much!

Where can I locate behavioral health LCD for Illinois. I am having trouble finding it on CMS.gov. Can you please provide a link?

Thanks much!

You should check on your local MAC's website for that area's LCDs. I think there are some other specific circumstances involving certain state plans for patients residing within Chicago-city limits, but I think those are all Medicaid programs.