Wiki Best laptop or computer for medical coders?

edenardo

New
Best answers
Hi everyone! I'm looking for advice on purchasing a laptop or computer for medical coding. I've been a coder for 6 years now at a local hospital, with a company supplied laptop for when I work at home (most of the time). I'm trying to get an idea of what I should look for in the future, if anything were to change. I know a lot of companies have their own specifications, but I'm looking for what works for you! Have you seen that a particular brand works better, etc?

- PC vs Laptop?
- hard drive space?
- internet connection speeds?
- what else do I need to consider?

What have you tried that didn't work, or have that works great?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone! I'm looking for advice on purchasing a laptop or computer for medical coding. I've been a coder for 6 years now at a local hospital, with a company supplied laptop for when I work at home (most of the time). I'm trying to get an idea of what I should look for in the future, if anything were to change. I know a lot of companies have their own specifications, but I'm looking for what works for you! Have you seen that a particular brand works better, etc?

- PC vs Laptop?
- hard drive space?

Thanks!!
[/QUOTEHi can u whats app me on +91 9205860912 my name is Sam

- PC vs Laptop?
- hard drive space?

Thanks!!
I would buy a laptop and make sure it has an i5 or i7 processor because some companies stipulate that requirement. Other than that I think it's down to personal choice. I have had a Lenovo Thinkpad supplied by two of my previous companies and have bought one myself for personal use....can't recommend them enough.

I would buy a laptop and make sure it has an i5 or i7 processor because some companies stipulate that requirement. Other than that I think it's down to personal choice. I have had a Lenovo Thinkpad supplied by two of my previous companies and have bought one myself for personal use....can't recommend them enough.

Hi! I completely missed your reply! Thank for the information - keeping track of this for future reference.

thanks again!