Wiki Best way to correct 195 patients that were billed incorrectly...

emmann08

New
Best answers
I am looking for some suggestions on a situation that we came across this week. Our transition into eCW was rocky and now under new management, we are trying to clean everything up. Long story short, our Flublock had the wrong CPT code associated with it. Our system is allowing staff to chose Flublock (CPT 90682), but when billed the associated code is actually 90686. I need to correct 195 patients. In addition to this, the system reports to the state, so I assume the state thinks the patient received Fluzone Quad and not the Flublok. As you can imagine, I have many concerns here, but the main one is that this get corrected and rebilled. Anyone have recommendations for this process? Even better if you deal with eClinicalworks. Send Help. LBVS, Thank you!

If you are having the same situation coding nurse.. It really depends on the insurance company they were originally sent to. I'm in NY but we also have ECW.
As for sending a large # of claims back with the same issue usually the insurance companies will let you send some type of spreadsheet to get them all resolved. It takes longer on their end to get them all processed but saves time for the AR dept. You could send corrected claims electronically for each and if it simply changing the code sometimes that is easier. Again the insurance makes a big difference since they all want corrections done differently.