Wiki Bilateral lower extremities and Bilateral subclavian angiography

haugen

Networker
Best answers
Hi,

My doctor accessed the right femoral artery, runoff of the right lower extremity was performed. Crossover access was obtained in the left common iliac artery with runoff oh the left lower extremity. Next the catheter was advanced into the abdominal aorta and abdominal aortogram was performed with runoffs. The pts aortic pressure was higher than his cuff pressure so he elected to perform subclavian angiography. Selective innominate and left subclavian angiograms were performed.

I was coding 36245, 75625,75716 for the bilateral lower extremity study. I am not sure how to code the upper study. In his detailed findings he does mention the carotids, vertebrals, subclavians and LIMA.

What would you suggest?

Thank you for your help,

Cindy

Hi,

My doctor accessed the right femoral artery, runoff of the right lower extremity was performed. Crossover access was obtained in the left common iliac artery with runoff oh the left lower extremity. Next the catheter was advanced into the abdominal aorta and abdominal aortogram was performed with runoffs. The pts aortic pressure was higher than his cuff pressure so he elected to perform subclavian angiography. Selective innominate and left subclavian angiograms were performed.

I was coding 36245, 75625,75716 for the bilateral lower extremity study. I am not sure how to code the upper study. In his detailed findings he does mention the carotids, vertebrals, subclavians and LIMA.

What would you suggest?

Thank you for your help,

Cindy

Try 36215-LT and 75710-LT,59
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Thank You!!

Thank you so much for your help. I was hoping you would reply. I will use what you suggested.

Have a great day and weekend!!

Cindy