Wiki Bilateral Panniculectomy for radiation damage

leeer2014

New
Best answers
Can I bill for a bilateral Panniculectomy by using:

15830-59

The dr documents that he performed surgery on either side of the abdomen (different locations) both of the same size, and is medically necessary for post abdominal wall radiation damage and to help with abdominal closure. This is NOT a cosmetic procedure, the patient is in global now from a recent abdominal skin graft from a recent aggressive abdominal wall debridement. However, the panniculectomy procedure is not related and was done on the left/right side of the abdomen away from the graft, I know you can bill 15734 that way for bilateral myocutaneous flap reconstruction with incisional hernias by doing 15734, 15734-59.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you in advanced!

Can I bill for a bilateral Panniculectomy by using:

15830-59

The dr documents that he performed surgery on either side of the abdomen (different locations) both of the same size, and is medically necessary for post abdominal wall radiation damage and to help with abdominal closure. This is NOT a cosmetic procedure, the patient is in global now from a recent abdominal skin graft from a recent aggressive abdominal wall debridement. However, the panniculectomy procedure is not related and was done on the left/right side of the abdomen away from the graft, I know you can bill 15734 that way for bilateral myocutaneous flap reconstruction with incisional hernias by doing 15734, 15734-59.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you in advanced!

Hello,

Would you happen to be able to post the op note? Thx