Wiki Billing 61782 in office setting

pxlee

Best answers
Our office has been performing in office balloons and we use image guidance when performing the procedures. Medicare has been denying that code. Any offices have any luck getting code 61782 paid? Or any advice on how we can get this code paid when performed in the office setting. I don't see an NCCI edit that states you cannot bill for this for non-facility in general. Thank you.

What is the primary procedure CPT code for the balloons? 61782 is for Stereo computer-assisted navigation cranial. That's not image guidance. Seems odd to be doing that in an office setting.

sarab86,
The primary codes for balloons are 31295, 31296, 31297, 31298. The code I am looking for is Image Guidance. What would you recommend? I thought that 61782 would be appropriate when performed in conjunction with otolaryngologic/head, and neck (craniofacial) procedures? Thank you.

61782 is what we use with Balloons in office setting for navigation but Medicare is rejecting it for POS 11 and they are no help at telling me where I can find something that shows me this cant be billed in POS 11. I was wondering what type of service should this be set as ,maybe that is why it is rejecting. Any thoughts?