Wiki Billing 61782 with sinus surgeries

Best answers
Hello, We always bill 61782 sterotactic computer assisted navigation with our sinus surgeries (could be combo of 31259, 31276, 31267..) Recently we have been receiving denials from BCBS stating this is an add on code (we know) which needs to be billed with a primary procedure code of 61770 (under stereotaxis procedure on the skull, meninges and brain)--- we would NEVER bill this code. BCBS is telling us this changed effective 5/9/22 but they have yet to send any documentation. Has anyone had trouble with this? Is there a different navigation code that should now be used or how can we have this paid again? Any help would be appreciated.

We are also having this problem in Pennsylvania with Highmark Blue Shield. Sorry, but I have no other information at this time.

Any update on this? We also are having this issue with Highmark BS! I've been trying since June 2022 to get claims reviewed and reprocessed. We have been told to send appeals and supporting documentation, but are getting no where with Highmark. I've sent appeals with copies of the CPT book pages and from the AOA, and Highmark is impossible to get someone to talk with about it.