• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Billing 64425 with 11900

evillan2015

Best answers
64425-59 was denied with other procedures billed 20553-59, 11900-59 - denied as service incidental or mutally exclusive to the primary procedure. Inconsistent with current NCCI coding protocol. Should I have not placed 59 on main procedure 64425? please advise. how I should have billed.. thank you

CodingKing

True Blue
Best answers
Per NCCI Edit 64425 is a Column 2 code to 11900 with no modifiers are accepted listed as Standards of medical / surgical practice. If its truly unrelated to the other 2 codes you would have to appeal. This edit affects thousands of codes since local and regional blocks are bundled into the other procedure

Last edited:

evillan2015

Best answers
reimbursement for 11900 & 64425

Per NCCI Edit 64425 is a Column 2 code to 11900 with no modifiers are accepted listed as Standards of medical / surgical practice. If its truly unrelated to the other 2 codes you would have to appeal. This edit affects thousands of codes since local and regional blocks are bundled into the other procedure
so I should have billed 11900-59 but without the modifier and if it is unrelated?

Please advise,

Elizabeth