Wiki Billing 93298 without visits

kcolum81

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know the requirements for how often a patient must be seen by a provider in order to continue billing 93298 (ILR remote interrogation)? My provider is doing remote interpretations on ILR's for a patient not seen since 2017. What are the guidelines for e/m follow ups in order to be able to submit the 93298 charge?

TIA

Does anyone know the requirements for how often a patient must be seen by a provider in order to continue billing 93298 (ILR remote interrogation)? My provider is doing remote interpretations on ILR's for a patient not seen since 2017. What are the guidelines for e/m follow ups in order to be able to submit the 93298 charge?

TIA
Please see attached information. If this isn't helpful, I would recommend reaching out to your MAC.

Attachments

• CPT-CODE-93298.pdf
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
I understand the billing rules for 93298, but I am not familiar with how often a patient needs to be seen for a visit with the provider in order for us to continue billing these interpretations, or if there even is a requirement for physically seeing the doctor every so often.