• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

billing 93571 iFR only

VelshAS

New
Best answers
93571 is an add on code and can be used with 92920, 92924, 92928, 92933, 92937, 92941, 92943, 92975, 93454-93461, 93563, 93564 per CPT guidelines. We have Provider A performed 93458 and Provider B performed 93571 only. The claim for provider B doesn't go out due to it needs a main procedure as above. Should I force the claim out due to provider A performed qualified procedure or should I bill 93571 to provider A? Appreciate any suggestion. Anna

Jennarw

Networker
Best answers
We force it to go out and get denied. We also make sure our providers know that this isn't payable this way, they occasionally still do it, but it happens way less now that they know.

Best answers
I work with a large multispecialty practice. We’ve had this issue for years. When we force the claims through, they get denied. I appeal, we get denied. This year we’ve resorted to using an unlisted code for the 93571 for this scenario. Of course, those claims are also being denied by the carriers. But I am going to push back very hard this year. It’s nonsense that these claims get denied. In any other circumstance of multiple docs managing the patients together, they treat the docs as if they are one and the same. I have to appeal with taxonomies to point out the difference between cardiologists and pulmonologists.

If anyone has had success with getting the carriers to understand and pay the claims, please let me know how you did it. I've appealed to Medicare and commercial carrriers with no luck.