Billing code 82962 in office

Best answers
Good Morning,

I am trying to get some clairification on code 82962. I know that per the CPT book this code is specifically for home use, but can this be used for in office sticks? Does it depend on the equipment used etc. ?

I have a clinic using this code and I won't to be sure they are coding correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Theresa

erjones147

Expert
Best answers
You can get it paid as long as it isn't done with an A1c at the same visit. I'm also 99% certain that it will not be paid for screening purposes on patients suspected of diabetes.

Also, remember NOT to append QW

Best answers
Good Morning,

I am trying to get some clairification on code 82962. I know that per the CPT book this code is specifically for home use, but can this be used for in office sticks? Does it depend on the equipment used etc. ?

I have a clinic using this code and I won't to be sure they are coding correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Theresa

Medicare will cover the charge in the office but we cannot get paid by BCBS

Best answers
Billing cpt code 82962 in a physicain office when machine and strips are provided

I have read somewhere that if the practice is not incurring cost for the machine and strips then you cannot bill cpt code 82962, QW, however I cannot seem to find that information now. Does anyone have any information on this? Currently our office is using a glucose monitoring machine that a drug representative gave us and they are providing the strips as well. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

GabbyM

New
Best answers
Office visit when billing CPT 82962 with QW and OV mod 25

I am also in the same dilemma , I billed it and it kicks back stating is incomplete and or invalid information. I would appreciate some assistance.
TIA
-Gabby