Wiki Billing exercise codes

jrf0625

Contributor
Best answers
My doctor is wanting to bill for home exercises that he is giving to the patient, home ergonomic training and work ergonomic coding and his previous billers have used 97110; 97537 and 97535. From they way I read these codes what has been billed is not correct. Can anyone help?

What exactly is being done when these codes are billed? Because they require a minimum of 8 minutes face to face with the patient and provider both engaged in the specific activity, not just listening to an explanation.

I know on the home exercise, all he is doing is giving us a paper showing exercises to give to patient but he is not showing them what to do. As for the others, I'm not sure.

You cannot use these codes for that purpose they require one on one supervision of the activity for a minimum of 8 minutes per code billed. Any claims that went out this way without the documentation to support the codes must be refunded for these items. Also you have "spent" valuable rehab benefits that that patient might require later and now will not have access to them.

Last edited: