Wiki Billing for 76391 MRE

When billing for an MRE CPT code 76391, which I understand is done with an MRI, would the MRE include the MRI or would we bill for 76391 and 74182 (Abdomen MRI)?
Depends on what was ordered by the provider. MRE can be performed in addition to MRI of the abdomen, but by itself, if that was the only thing the provider ordered, you would not bill for anything except for 76391.

Depends on what was ordered by the provider. MRE can be performed in addition to MRI of the abdomen, but by itself, if that was the only thing the provider ordered, you would not bill for anything except for 76391.
I thought that it could only be performed with an MRI. There is no way to perform just an MRE without the MRI being done too?

I thought that it could only be performed with an MRI. There is no way to perform just an MRE without the MRI being done too?
Maybe we are misunderstanding each other.

Yes, you can perform an MRE without performing an MRI of the abdomen. MRE is typically used for the liver (although it beginning to be used on some other parts of the body). An MRE performed on the liver does not include any other organs, unlike an MRI of the abdomen which includes the abdominal cavity and organs therein. The images are also different for an MRE compared to an MRI.

If a providers orders an MRE, your claim should only be for 76391.