Wiki Billing for a nerve tube with CTS

peporter

Guru
Best answers
:confused:Hello coders, I have a bundling question about a carpal tunnel release with neurolysis and application of a Integra NeuaGen nerve tube. In my cpt book under decompression and/or transposition of nerve, it states neurplasty with nerve wrapping is included in the cpt code. Is nerve wrapping considered the same as a nerve tube. Or is the nerve tube billed under the 64910 code? Also, he did a local tissue rearrangment with adipose fat grafting around the nerve. So, should I also bill the 20926? Thanks so much, Paula in Dublin, OH

I would use 64910 for the nerve tube(conduit) is synthetic and the local tissue rearrangement=included....... with fat grafting....the adipose fat grafting has to be from a separate incision, was it?

Thanks for responding about the nerve tube. I just didn't know if nerve wrapping was the same as using the tube. There was not a separate incision for the fat graft. So would that be included in the 64721 or the 64910? Thanks, Paula

Integra Neuro tube

Actually the CTR is included in 64910(nerve repair). A little backwads from what we would think logical.