Wiki Billing for a Nurses visit

slosacco

Best answers
Help, new to the forum. Would love to get everyones opinion.
We have been billing for B12 injections this way: When they are only seeing the nurse:
99212 & 96372 & J3420
From all of the posts I have been viewing, it seems as if you may not be able to do it this way? Thanks Everyone

Help, new to the forum. Would love to get everyones opinion.
We have been billing for B12 injections this way: When they are only seeing the nurse:
99212 & 96372 & J3420
From all of the posts I have been viewing, it seems as if you may not be able to do it this way? Thanks Everyone

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! If the patient is being seen for a scheduled injection, you CANNOT charge an E?M and especially a level 2 at that.

I absolutely agree! You cannot charge anything above a 99211 for a nurse only encounter and you cannot use a 99211 for an injection visit. And you cannot charge for any of it if the physician is not in the office setting while the patient is there. The provider has already examined the patient and determined the necessity for the injection and therefore you may not charge for it again. Vital signs or anything else performed by the nurse are a necessary part of the injection, and when a CPT code exisits for the service performed you must use that code. So you bill the 96372 plus the drug.