Wiki BILLING FOR INTERPRETER SERVICES

Your practice is legally required under ADA to provide interpreter services, including paying for the service. While there is a HCPCS code T1013 for interpreter services, I have only ever seen 1 insurance pay for this. You should contact Texas Medicaid, or review their policy as to whether or not this is reimbursed. Just note that while the interpreter may have charged you for all time (including travel and wait time), you may only bill the insurance for time spent interpreting. Many practices now use a video interpreter to save on expense.

Your practice is legally required under ADA to provide interpreter services, including paying for the service. While there is a HCPCS code T1013 for interpreter services, I have only ever seen 1 insurance pay for this. You should contact Texas Medicaid, or review their policy as to whether or not this is reimbursed. Just note that while the interpreter may have charged you for all time (including travel and wait time), you may only bill the insurance for time spent interpreting. Many practices now use a video interpreter to save on expense.
I apologize for the late reply. Thank you so much!