Wiki Billing for managed care services

kimberagame

Contributor
Best answers
Our clinic's case management team routinely goes to visit patients and their families in SNFs to come up with a care plan. The head of managed care would like to start billing for this and I'm looking for a CPT code that this would fall under. The closest I'm seeing is 99366. Does "nonphysician qualified health care professional" mean an actual provider who's just not a physician? Or would a case manager count? The requirement for a separate E/M could be met with 99490 and it's very possible that some of these visits include a multidisciplinary team (I'd have to check to know for sure). If so, the requirements would all be met. But when I read about the code online, I get the impression that it's for nonphysician provider time only. Does anyone know for sure? Or is there a different code you guys use for this? Thanks for any input!

Actually, I just realized that 99490 would not qualify, as it's not a face to face E/M. I'm still curious if this is limited to nonphysician providers, though, or if case managers would qualify.