Wiki billing for neurology

apena

Networker
Best answers
I am looking for billing codes, instead of billing this codes (physical therapy) 97530, 97112, 97032 which would require the face to face interaction with therapist.

The neurologist I am working for is doing this procedure without the therapist and not a face to face. what other codes can I use instead. I only found the S9090. According to the information I found my payor, do not pay for this procedure code.

I am looking to other codes for 97110, 97112, 97032, 97750, all of this codes require the face to face interaction.

Please advise,

Thanks,

I am looking for billing codes, instead of billing this codes (physical therapy) 97530, 97112, 97032 which would require the face to face interaction with therapist.

The neurologist I am working for is doing this procedure without the therapist and not a face to face. what other codes can I use instead. I only found the S9090. According to the information I found my payor, do not pay for this procedure code.

I am looking to other codes for 97110, 97112, 97032, 97750, all of this codes require the face to face interaction.

Please advise,

Thanks,

What exactly is being done, if there is no face-to-face therapy time? Can you post an example note?

What exactly is being done, if there is no face-to-face therapy time? Can you post an example note?

The patient will come in to see doctor and if they doctor sees that requires a procedure due to his abnormality of gait or pain or stiffness to joints.

He would order the procedure, but the procedure would be done by a MA under the supervision of the doctor.

But I have advise them, we can not bill this procedure like this. i say the doctor has to do the procedure or hire a PT.

Please advise.

The patient will come in to see doctor and if they doctor sees that requires a procedure due to his abnormality of gait or pain or stiffness to joints.

He would order the procedure, but the procedure would be done by a MA under the supervision of the doctor.

But I have advise them, we can not bill this procedure like this. i say the doctor has to do the procedure or hire a PT.

Please advise.

That would depend on what your state's laws are for the MA's licensure. Here in LA, therapy can be done by physicians, Licensed Therapists, Therapy techs under the supervision of a therapist or MD. But definitely not an MA.

I don't think there is any way he can compliantly bill for the MA performing the therapy exercises, but I'm no expert in this. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

That would depend on what your state's laws are for the MA's licensure. Here in LA, therapy can be done by physicians, Licensed Therapists, Therapy techs under the supervision of a therapist or MD. But definitely not an MA.

I don't think there is any way he can compliantly bill for the MA performing the therapy exercises, but I'm no expert in this. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks for the information. I am in Texas and that is what I was advising them. That this procedure can not be bill or unless we had a therapist doing the procedures.