Wiki Billing for Port Flushes

dmccullers

Best answers
1. We do monthly port flushed in our office. If the provider isn't physically in the building 1. can we still bill for the 96523? 2. who gets assigned for that charged? Currently the physician that the patient is assigned to gets the claim billed under their name.

2. If the patient belong to one provider, but another provider is physically in the building do we need to bill under the provider in the office.

These patient do not see a provider when they are here. They only see the nurse. I just want to make sure we are billing these correctly.

Medicare 'incident to' regulations require the physician's presence in the office to cover any service and to allow you to bill for any service under that provider's credentials. The patient does not necessarily have to see the physician face-to-face, but the physician must be in the office suite and available to assist at the time the services are provided. Broadly speaking, your practice should bill under the credentials of the provider who is in the office supervising the service, and should not be performing or billing for professional services that are unsupervised.

Medicare 'incident to' regulations require the physician's presence in the office to cover any service and to allow you to bill for any service under that provider's credentials. The patient does not necessarily have to see the physician face-to-face, but the physician must be in the office suite and available to assist at the time the services are provided. Broadly speaking, your practice should bill under the credentials of the provider who is in the office supervising the service, and should not be performing or billing for professional services that are unsupervised.
What is only the physician extender is in the office. I just want to make sure I cover all of my bases.