Wiki Billing for Supplies?

hkgraddy03

Contributor
Best answers
These items are thought to be unbillable, would like thoughts on these.

Huber Needle for Chemotherapy
Dressing Change Kit for Picc Line
Phlebotomy Bags to hold blood removed during therapeutic phlebotomy
Suture Removal Kit

Hi,
I just answered your PM but you are correct, these are bundled into the primary procedure.

Huber Needle for Chemotherapy- Included in chemotherapy code

Dressing Change Kit for Picc Line-assuming you are accessing the PICC for infusion of some sort, this is also included in the infusion code

Phlebotomy Bags to hold blood removed during therapeutic phlebotomy This is included in the 99195 code for phlebotomy

Suture Removal Kit - I am not sure about this one. What other services would be provided during this?

Hi,
I just answered your PM but you are correct, these are bundled into the primary procedure.

Huber Needle for Chemotherapy- Included in chemotherapy code

Dressing Change Kit for Picc Line-assuming you are accessing the PICC for infusion of some sort, this is also included in the infusion code

Phlebotomy Bags to hold blood removed during therapeutic phlebotomy This is included in the 99195 code for phlebotomy

Suture Removal Kit - I am not sure about this one. What other services would be provided during this?

We have a doctor who is doing chemo infusion for multiple sclerosis patient. And he wants us to bill the huber needle & IV. Where can we find that huber needle is bundled in the primary? My doctor does not want to believe it not until he reads some guidelines.

I appreciate all information.

Huber needle billing

:):)Needles and Things
Supplies that are included in Medicare payment for chemotherapy administration include needles, tubing, IV setup, gauze, syringes, butterfly set, cotton, tubing, tape and catheters. However, items such as needles and syringes (A4206-A4209) and blood tubing arterial or venous (A4750) are often reimbursed by commercial payers.

When these items are used during non-chemotherapy-related procedures, such as a port flush or the administration of a non-chemotherapy drug (90780-90781), they should not be billed separately from the visit code (99211-99215).

Huber needles (A4212) are the only exception, Thompson says. This specialized, expensive needle is often used with an implanted or external port used during chemotherapy infusion

Last edited: